Friday 10 May 2013

Poetry Cycle

Air
Weightless but forceful,
its unyielding presence tears through the night.
Bending sinewy trees to mangled specters,
calling forth mighty waves from the ocean depths,
provoking the flaring fires embers.
The wind,
a gale howling with chilling conviction,
its call saturated in violence and wrath.
The delicate breeze that frolics and teases,
reveals its wild, powerful spirit.


I have recently been writing a poetry cycle, the theme being the elements ex. fire, earth, air, water. In my cycle I am trying to demonstrate the different aspects of each element, both the gentle and the powerful. This poem is my representation of the powerful, and wild aspects of the air. I also tried to incorporate its relationship with the other elements as they all need one another to complete the cycle, and create a balance. I drew on the airs impact upon the water and fire in its untamed state.

No comments:

Post a Comment