Friday 26 April 2013

My Mother

                Too often in life, we take for granted the things most important to us. The things we wouldn't know how to live or function without. Mother's day is approaching and I began to think about all the ways in which my mother has inspired me throughout the years. She has always believed in me and offered me encouragment. She has always been there for me, and I cannot describe the depth of my gratitude and appreciation, nor the tremendous importance she holds in my life. I am the luckiest person in the world to have such a wonderful mother who I know I can always count on.

Nourishing the fields of youth,
wiping away the stinging tears in the gloom of the night,
lulling me into sweet rest time and time again.
Always there to listen to failing words in a time of hurt.
Opening my eyes to the magic of the wind,
the gift of grass and meadows and wildflowers.
With nectar thoughts,
she introduced me to the charms of life,
my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment