Friday 19 April 2013

Motivational Poem

You Can Be Whatever You Want To Be!
by: Donna Levine

There is inside you
All of the potential
To be whatever you want to be;
All of the energy
To do whatever you want to do.
Imagine yourself as you would like to be,
Doing what you want to do,
And each day, take one step
Towards your dream.
And though at times it may seem too
difficult to continue,
Hold on to your dream.
One morning you will awake to find
That you are the person you dreamed of,
Doing what you wanted to do,
Simply because you had the courage
To believe in your potential
And to hold on to your dream.


I was searching for motivational poems and came across this one by Donna Levine. I think that this poem is incredibly inspirational, as it is not referring to a specific problem that needs to be overcome. You can take the strength and encouragement offered by this poem and apply it to any struggle in life. I thought it was fitting for this blog as it can be related to health and fitness. If you dream of getting your life back on track, putting only good things in your body, and being the best you can be, that can seem like a daunting and unachievable goal. This poem reminds us that no matter what we want out of life, we can achieve it if we believe in ourselves. It might be a hard and slow journey but every day matters and making small changes along the way add up in the long run and get you closer to your goal. I’m going to start reading this quote if I ever start to doubt my capabilities of something, or if I’m feeling unmotivated to do a workout, or am faced with food I know I shouldn’t eat! I really liked this poem for that reason; the broad range of circumstances it can be applied to in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment